Tuesday, September 25, 2012

A short blog from Mickey Grosman: A TALE OF AN AMAZON FRUIT


Yesterday we found a fruit tree in the jungle, fruit I have never seen before. The indigenous collected the fruit and explained me that the locals use it as sun block (sunscreen) 
My curiosity kicked in.  My supply of sun block cream made in America is getting low and finding a natural remedy to protect my skin appealed to me. Dr. Wayne, My cancer doctor is watching me all the time looking carefully at my pictures I post to make sure I follow his orders: Nose face and ears must be protected with sun block at ALL TIME. My Melanoma cancer cells, if still developing in my body are hungry for food. I must prevent it…
So I wanted to test this remedy. A month ago while still up the Curaray River I have used natural clay as sun blocker. You take what mother Earth gives you when you are away from the nearest CVS.   
Santa, a Peruvian guy who just joined my expedition team began preparing the mix. He squeezed the white juice first and then removed the white color gooey pulps out of it. Mixing it all well we have had now a nice white creamy paste. Santa smmired the paste carefully over my face, forehead and neck, in nice layers, perfect coding that suppose to provide me with protection from the sun.
Only 20 minutes to my facial treatment and I see all my Amazon 5000 indigenous team guys watching me and cracking up with huge laughter! What? What’s the story Delfin??? Delfin is my translator in situations where my Spanish is to no avail… No one, not Delfin can speak. They are holding their tummies so not to explode and laughing their lungs out. I look behind me. Is it something there that I don’t see that cause them to tear from laughter? No, they say and point their fingers at my face. I touch my face. Still feel creamy… remove my fingers and look at them. Oy Vey! IT’S ALL BLACK!
What? I must find a mirror and see what they see – but I quickly understand. They prank me…these busters! They knew this white fruit turn black in only 15 minutes. They are happy now big time like kids who prank their teacher. As for me….? this fruit, although a real sun block, actually stained the skin. My skin is now dyed black and will stay like that for at least two weeks. Luckily my beard is still reddish blond – my identity is saved!
And as for Delfin, Timothy, Santa, Nicky and the rest – revenge is coming your way guys… be aware!
On a small note…in only two days I am to meet Kyle Ver Steeg and Aaron Sheldrick who are flying from Minnesota and Iowa to the jungles of Peru only to join me aboard Amazon 5000 expedition. I am wondering….is this the man they are expecting to see?  


No comments:

Post a Comment